Traffic shaping plays a big role in the maintenance of a healthy network, particularly with the growing number of connected devices and the current shift towards virtual networks through cloud connectivity.
For handling high volumes of data without congesting network nodes, Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) networks are the best option for organizations that want to keep further investments in infrastructure to a minimum. This requires constant data policing, metering, identification of compliant vs. noncompliant cell nodes and subnetworks, TCP feedback (such as latency, flow, and jitter) and setting smart switch pre-set paths for efficient real-time management and maintenance of Quality of Service (QoS).
- Our DPI Engine R&S®PACE 2 can be implemented by enterprise vendors in the tools mentioned below to create leading edge products that include IP classification and TCP layer metadata extraction. These can be used to obtain KPIs on network traffic performance such as jitter, packet loss, bit rate, throughput, re-transmissions, VoIP KPIs, etc.
- Our reporting tool R&S®Net Reporter and our R&S®Net Sensor passive IP probe can help enterprises looking for a traffic analytics solution increase network and subscriber awareness.
Typical R&S®PACE 2 applications
- RAN optimizer
- CRM platform (BSS)
- CEM platform (OSS)
- Fault detection tool
- Enterprise networks solutions
- Network probe
- Network testing equipment
- Network performance management tool
- Network capacity planning
- Network traffic shaping
- Network maintenance
Typical R&S®Net Reporter, R&S®Net Sensor use cases
- Advanced passive probing
- Traffic monitoring
- Traffic reporting
- Trend analysis
- Data mining
- Fraud detection