Enable Industry 4.0 with a multi-layered security concept
Detect threats, analyze traffic and protect the industrial network to ensure operational continuity
IT (Information Technology) meets OT (Operation Technology): Industrial control systems have not only become completely interconnected, they also increasingly access corporate IT and the Internet. Digital communication and connectivity enhance effectivity, but, at the same time, also pose security challenges to many companies.
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) allows the manufacturing sector to make giant innovative leaps. But if the IIoT is to succeed, cyberattacks and network issues have to be detected in time and blocked consistently in order to ensure operational continuity and productivity.
The Industrial Network Analytics and Protection System, a multi-layered security concept by Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity, allows the identification of protocols and applications in network traffic, analysis of the extracted data, visualization of anomalies and proactive protection of industrial networks.
Benefits of the Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity industrial network analytics and protection system
- Complete insight into machine network communications
- Early detection of threats
- Prevention of industrial espionage and production stoppages
- Ensuring continuous operations
Multi-layered security concept: detect, analyze and protect proactively
Why Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity
- All solutions from a single source
- Easy installation, operation and maintenance
- Seamless integration into existing system without risk of production losses
- Highly customizable and flexible
- In-house development with technically leading deep packet inspection (DPI) engine PACE 2 and open reporting API to guarantee short response times for customizations and fixes
Survey: current challenges of Industry 4.0
In a recently published survey by IDG and Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity, security is seen as an obstacle for Industry 4.0 in German speaking countries. The figure speaks for itself: 48% of CISOs fear Hacker or DDoS attacks the most.
Additional security concerns by companies are caused by:
- Legal problems
- Unresolved compliance issues
- Loss of reputation/loss of trust of customers and stakeholders
- Blackmail through ransomware and breakdowns of production facilities